Animal welfare organization, AWBP Trust has announced a competition called ‘PAW2021’, dedicated to founder Lakshman Molleti’s first adopted dog, Raju.
The competition covers three categories, namely artwork, poetry and essay writing, and is open for all.
The topics provided for the competition are:
1) Adopt street animals from the community
2) Veganism and its benefits to the humans, animals and environment
3) Be kind to animals
4) Animals belong in the wild, not in cages
5) Human developments are destroying animal habitats
6) Traditions should teach and spread compassion towards animals
7) Conduct alternative experiments but not on animals
8) Importance of animal compassion in human lives
The rules under each category are listed here.
The last date for submission of entries is 25th September before 11 pm IST.
Under each category, two winners will be announced on the 7 October, 2021. The first prize is worth INR 5000, while the second prize is worth INR 3000.
The event is supported by PETA India, EWOKE Vegan Café, BVRP, Street Animal Foundation of India, Emkay Vegan, Eeva Patent, Vijay Sweets, Vegan India Movement, Voiceless India, and ANINV.
According to Lakshman, adopting Raju changed his perspective towards the plight of stray animals changes and he started thinking of ways to contribute in their welfare. He adopted Raju after an accident left the stray disabled, and together they spent many happy years together that included fun vacations and even a city relocation.
However, Raju’s health started deteriorating and he breathed his last on the 7 October, 2020.
The Animal Water Bowl Project or AWBP India focuses on providing clean drinking water to birds and community animals throughout the year. They have already distributed 3600 bowls and organized over 80 events.